Please note: We have temporally stopped trading at Old Spitalfields Market. We are looking forward to reopening our shop at the market as soon as possible. Until we can offer you a safe and agreeable way to select your camera in person, we have decided to trade online only until further notice. Here, you can be assured that we remain committed to offering you our properly serviced cameras with our usual quality of service and backed with our commitment to great after sales support. Thank you for your comprehension.
We illustrate here the service workflow for a Olympus XA2.
Bottom plate assembly removed:
- check for dirt dust and damage. Clean.
- check for loose, broken or missing parts.
- check for corrosion due to battery leaking.
Clean and lubricate moving parts.
Winding mechanism checked for accuracy.
Top cover assembly removed:
- Top cover assembly stripped and cleaned.
- Shutter release button disconnected (desoldered), cleaned, checked, reconnected. All contacts tested, resoldered as necessary.
View finder cleaned
Film winding base disconnected, cleaned, checked for wear or damage, replaced if necessary
checked for flow and cleaned
Front cover removed
Front lens element disassembled and ready for inspection and cleaning.
Diaphragm and shutter blades checked
Lens housing assembly removed and light seal foam replaced if necessary.
New light-seals: Old foam removed, all residue removed, new seals fitted
Everything checked, cleaned and put back together
Dummy film loaded for final testing of all functions:
- film loading/unloading
- frame count accurate
- film winding tension accurate.
- All mechanical functions operate smoothly and accurately
- Shutter tested
- ISO selection and response
- Self timer
- Auto exposure Lock
- Flash functions
- etc ...
Fresh batteries then fitted before sale.