*** WE ARE AWAY UNTIL AUGUST 24TH *** DURING THIS PERIOD YOU ARE FREE TO BROWSE IN OUR SHOP, BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE ANY PURCHASE *** THANK YOU!
We illustrate here the service workflow for a Olympus XA2.
Bottom plate assembly removed:
- check for dirt dust and damage. Clean.
- check for loose, broken or missing parts.
- check for corrosion due to battery leaking.
Clean and lubricate moving parts.
Winding mechanism checked for accuracy.
Top cover assembly removed:
- Top cover assembly stripped and cleaned.
- Shutter release button disconnected (desoldered), cleaned, checked, reconnected. All contacts tested, resoldered as necessary.
View finder cleaned
Film winding base disconnected, cleaned, checked for wear or damage, replaced if necessary
checked for flow and cleaned
Front cover removed
Front lens element disassembled and ready for inspection and cleaning.
Diaphragm and shutter blades checked
Lens housing assembly removed and light seal foam replaced if necessary.
New light-seals: Old foam removed, all residue removed, new seals fitted
Everything checked, cleaned and put back together
Dummy film loaded for final testing of all functions:
- film loading/unloading
- frame count accurate
- film winding tension accurate.
- All mechanical functions operate smoothly and accurately
- Shutter tested
- ISO selection and response
- Self timer
- Auto exposure Lock
- Flash functions
- etc ...
Fresh batteries then fitted before sale.